Headland has made the Safewise list of Safest Cities in Alabama. This year we have placed near the top at #3!
Thanks to everyone who works to keep our city safe including, but not limited to Headland Police Department Chief Mark D. Jones, the Henry County Sheriff's Department and Henry County E911.
According to Safewise.com
- 90% of the safest cities limited violent crime to less than two incidents per 1,000 people.
- Alabama’s statewide property crime rate is 39.37 incidents per 1,000 people, compared to just 27.11 nationwide.
- Property crime ranges from 32 incidents to 1,280 among the cities on our list, with nearly 50% reporting more than 500 property crimes.
- Property crime is the biggest safety concern in Alabama, according to our State of Safety study.
- 16% of Alabama respondents experienced a property crime in the past year—which is the same as the national average.
- Having a home break-in was cited as the top property crime concern, with 61% worried about a break-in when they’re not at home and 60% scared of a break-in when they’re at home asleep.
You can read more on the SafeWise about the safest cities in Alabama HERE.